Posts Tagged ‘Random’
While I was away studying my life away, I got nominated for a Liebster! Yay!
Actually, Two Liebsters! Whoop!
A Liebster is an award given to up and coming bloggers with under 200 WordPress followers, The Liebster Award originated in Germany and Liebster means dearest or beloved, and Liebe is love.
I feel rather ecstatic because people feel I deserve such an award. So the nomination comes with certain rules;
1. Thank the person who nominated you
2. List 11 random facts about yourself
3. Answer the questions they have asked you
4. Nominate 11 other people
5. Ask the nominees 11 questions
6. Last and definitely least, let them know you have nominated them.
11 Random Facts about Myself
1. Food makes me happy.
2. I’m the poster girl for Laziness.
3. I have ‘Result Jitters’ at the moment.
4. I love any kind of music. As long as it sounds good.
5. I am the general secretary of #TeamForeverAlone
6. I’m currently reading ‘The Perks Of Being a Wallflower’ by Stephen Chbosky. ‘The Prince’ by Nicollo Machiavelli is the next on my list.
7. I look malnourished. At the moment.
8. I’m craving red velvet cake.
9. I have so much faith in my Mummy’s prayers.
10. School resumes tomorrow.
11. I don’t wanna go there.
Now, the hard part. Hard because I have to answer two sets of questions.
1. If you could only rescue one parent from a burning house which would you save, and why?
Thank God both my parents can’t be found under the same roof.
2. How do spend your free time?
Study, Eat, Sleep, Blog, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Look for trouble.
3. What is your greatest achievement so far?
Writing Part Two Pros.
4. If you were appointed President of your country, what would be your first act?
Make the weekend last 5 days.
5. If you have to choose between dying by poisoning or suffocation, which will you prefer?
What am I dying for Biko?
6. If you had just a wish, answer guaranteed what would you wish for?
Uncountable more wishes.
7. Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings (state reasons please)
Harry Potter. Because.
8. What are the best five words that would describe you?
Lazy, Fun, Silly, Smart, Single.
9. Which of the F.R.I.E.N.D.S character would date if you have the opportunity?
10. How did you get interested in writing?
Really can’t remember.
11. If you could start all over in life, would you change anything?
Most likely. Few things here and there.
1. Checkered blue and white’ or ‘black’?
2. Curtains or no curtains?
No Curtains when PHCN do what they do best.
3. Hardcover, paperback or ebooks?
I love paper backs but I can’t afford them. So ebooks for the win.
4. What’s your ambiance while writing?
Boredom and Sadness mostly.
5. Do you plan to publish a novel?
Not that I know of.
6. Do you like to make a gift for your loved one or do you rather buy?
Buying. No hassles.
7. Which is the most beautiful color according to you?
8. What’s your mantra in life?
It’s gonna be alright.
9. Have you ever thought of becoming a soldier in your life?
10. Do you have stage fear?
11. ‘Mickey mouse/ Aladdin/Tom and Jerry’ or ‘Naruto/Bleach/Mega XLR?
My nominees in no particular order;
1. Fikayo’s Rants
2. Ojuola’s Notes
3. The Fab Sister’s Blog
4. Wana’s Playbook.
5. Those Little Things
6. Musings Of Minds Under The Illusion of Freedom
8. Nostalgic Words of a Future Me
9. Punkenstein’s Blog
10. Adetokunbohr’s Blog
12. Out Of my Head
12. Because u can.
My questions for the nominees;
1. Money, Power, Respect. Choose two.
2. What is your idea of religion?
3. Have you ever considered politics?
4. What do you do for fun?
5. What one word do you think describes me?
6. What one word describes you?
7. What’s music to you?
8. Do you have a plan B in life? If yes what is it?
9. What book will you recommend for me to read?
10. Why did you start blogging?
11. Say something totally random!
Lol. This has been fun!
NB: There is no general committee that handles this award. its’s just a recognition from one blogger to another for how awesome they are. Kind of like a really big internet hug.
So I read Lord Zubair’s posts about a parallel universe. And I have this way of zoning out; I started Imagining how different my life’ll be in an alternate universe.
First of all, In an alternate universe, I’ll most def not be in med school. I’ll probably be a graduate at my present age. I’d have studied a more practical course like Mass Comm. and I’ll be tattling off on some radio show/hosting some TV show with my borrowed accent and really fancy dress and stuff. This is not an alternate universe and I’m presently sitting on my shaky LUTH bunk whilst hustling to type this. A girl can dream right?
I’ll be everything I ever wanted plus a lot more. I’ll be that chick with the flawless skin, Long hair without a receding hairline, brown eyes that you don’t notice only in the sun, figure 8 of life, statistics to kill for and a rather enviable citation.
What if I’m a dude in a parallel universe?
Anywho, I would be from a happier home, with a more peaceful extended family, better friends and what not.
I’m sure I’d most likely be anything but Nigerian.
Who will you be in an Alternate universe?
I did a #40ThingsAboutMe post last year. I just went through it and many things about me are not the same. This girl is all grown up. :’)
This is a revised edition of that old list. Obviously, so many things are gonna be cut out.
Im a Med student…oh…you should already know this
I used to be really really shy..believe it or not but now I’m kinda like the loudest mouth you’ll ever meet. Some people still make me shy.
I worry a lot…I’m still trying to curb this. It’s like the bane of my existence.
I used to love school until Med school happened.
I love God..He’s my Daddy. He always answers my prayers even though I only go to him when I’m in need. Something I’m not proud of.
I recently typed ‘OUTREASH’ instead of outreach. Damn those Ibadan genes!
I’m a music hoe! I can listen to almost anything as long as it sounds good.
Before my Biochemistry 3rd Incourse, I had never failed any exam in my life.
I have a very good sense of humor. And I like people with the same.
I used to know a lot of mundane facts that no one really cares about but now I’m just redundant.
I’m Fela’s Number one Fan.
I’m becoming a sapiosexual and I like it.
I’ve been loverless since April 2012 and I’m having the time of my life even though people choose to taunt me about it.
I love watching TV series. I can jump on almost every one except some like Nikita and Vampire Diaries.
Oh yeah. I’m Lazy.
Maybe I got the time table in my last blog post all messed up, Maybe I didn’t. The incourses are gonna come in a hurricane anyways and I have to study for them anyways. Only Jesus knows where I get my information from and why said information is always wrong/stale information. They kuku call me Iya Last already *side eye at @FrankUgo_* but you cannot blame me tho; I been trying to marry my books.
I really should be studying but the 4 new episodes of Homeland I just downloaded cannot and will not watch themselves. And if I don’t…who will?
You leave the incourses to me. Leave them to me and my Jesus. We know how we run ‘tins’.
If you must know, right now, my major driving force to keep pushing is the fact that the present 400L students are already in 500L and the 500L ones are already in their final posting. Likee.. How encouraging is that? Just shows me that 2015 is not so far away. Laugh all you want. A girl can make herself feel better. #POKO#
So when I get overwhelmed, I keep trying to stay sane and try to whisper sweet encouraging nothings into my ‘own’ ear and convincing my ass not to drop out of med school. We really are dysfunctional. And great multitaskers too
So I once had a really interesting conversation with a really interesting somebody and he asked me what Goals/Aims/Plans I had in my life. To be honest, I really haven’t thought so much about my future and stuff. Like what if I don’t get to practice Medicine? When do I want to get Married? What mark am I actually gonna leave and other scary stuff like that. I guess I’ve just been trying to take life as it comes.
I have a list of my Back Up plans. Just in case Med School does not pan out well. Who know these things right?
I’ve already stated plan A; Get through Med school, Meet someone I can be weird with, make beautiful babies with said babies and lead a happy life.
If Med School doesn’t work out, I’ll just get a loan and open a shop in Balogun Market. I mean…if not Balogun market where else? Have you ever spotted the Balougun Market big girls at a party? You cannot but notice them. Not like I want to be a “Notice-me’ or something, I just want to be big. Gats!
Don’t ask. It just occurred to me in a dream.
I’ll Probably throw Ota Farms out of the market. As a boss.
To marry a rich man was once plan D but the dude I held the conversation with thought it’ll make me look like I was all about the money. Of which I’ve never considered but I had a rethink once he put it that way and told me his own plans/goals/dreams/aspirations and aims.
He seemed to have it all figured out.
I don’t have it all figured out just yet.
Do you have it all figured out?
Took a while for me to find that ‘new post’ option on my wordpress.com dashboard; Friggin’ cobwebs!
I always thought writer’s block was a myth – What do you expect? I am Larry Sushey’s humble follower – Well, not until it hit me; I stopped blogging a while back exams being my excuse. I wrote a few pieces during my hiatus and trust me; none of them made any sense. The struggle was great.
Immediately after my exams, I was meant to start a compulsory course; BTS (Basic Therapeutic Skills) where we learn basic things ranging from Anaesthesia to Nursing, But no activity. The school neglected my class and I became dormant and lazier. The block worsened. I couldn’t write shii to save my life.
Trust me, exams sucked the little creativity I had. I couldn’t even write a bloody post to tell you guys that hey my exams sucked please put me in your prayers so that I won’t fail.
I seriously needed prayers. I couldn’t even write a struggle short post to solicit for prayers. It was that terrible. Different people were asking me why my blog was dormant.
To be honest tho, The initial block was because of the fear of failure. Cuz if I fail, people will talk;
‘Assuming she was reading instead of blogging and tweeting rubbish she would have passed.’
I know I shouldn’t care about what people think or say, but one thing is for sure; I wasted a great deal of time last year tweeting irrelevant rubbish.
Anyways, God being the awesome God he is, I passed -not aced- my exams. I could have done better but I’m sha happy I passed and I’m moving on to the next class. Hi haters!
SIDEBAR : In any exam, not everybody is bound to pass. Not like we didn’t read the same notes, texts and have the same lectures. some things just happen. I want y’all to pray for my classmates that will be retaking the exam. Its not an easy task to read Biochemistry and shii twice. Frustration can set in. Nobody deserves to fail cuz we all put in our best effort.
See me talking. I was so sure of failure. Failing physiology especially. I was too sure that I even arranged all my physiology texts and materials at the foot of my bed; expecting the worst.
You know that feeling when you know you’re fu*%#d? That feeling when out of all the questions in an exam you can’t answer a single question confidently and you begin to wonder ‘why did I bother to read sef?’ Yeah that feeling. And you know failure is not an option so you answer all the questions confidently. I wrote so much rubbish with so much confidence I became a fan of my own genius. I didn’t forget to leave a few jokes for the examiners so they could at least laugh and show some mercy.
I guess it worked for me.
The college chose to neglect my class for a little while -2 months unofficial holiday- So I was at home eating, trying to get fat, sleeping playing games, watching series and all. Just being unproductive to cut I short.
Well, they finally remembered us. school started on Friday and its back to school tomorrow *Le sigh*
I didn’t mean to bore you guys but I kinda lost my funny bone while going through bouts of depression. There seems to be no remedy.
What a struggle post.
Special Shout out to my new friend Bobola. He was there for me while I was depressed and he helped me out of my writer’s block. :*
Y’all can agree with me that the year 2011 lasted less than a month! Cuz swear down; 1/1/11 was just like yesterday. No?
2011 for me, started on quite a sour note; My first break up. My very first year in Med School. I was too ecstatic to start school; right now,I wish year 2015 could just be equal to year 2012. Just Basic Medical Sciences and I’m already tired. I wonder what will happen when I get to the clinics.
All in all, 2011 turned out to be a good year for me. I lost my wallet twice, lost my phone and other personal stuff I can’t divulge here…Let’s just pray for a better 2012
I was gonna do lists like….The highs of 2011…Flops of 2011.. Music and stuff but Im too lazy. I’m gonna write on the things I learnt in 2011. Enjoy J
- Nobody ever seems to believe the saying that what you don’t know cannot kill you.
- Twitter hype is not it. See what happened to ELI. People that were tweeting and retweeting. How many people showed up for the show? Or the songs that I wasted MBs to download and the songs turned out to be *bleh* -_-
- You people that were claiming “I’m voting for GEJ and not PDP” can you see yourselves now?
- Tonto Dikeh’z zide eye reignz supreme
- Never Trust a tailor.
- Anybody can rap o! Look see; “Only MC with the MB! BS!” #Sweggggg
- T go for ‘Koko concept’ and ‘Redeem Unpluck’ is a must.
- Truly. Age is just a number. See Mazi Oracle
- Singing nonsense can take you places. Like D’banj said; “you don’t have to make sense” And D’banj made no sense. But guess who’s living the G.O.O.D life.
- You don’t need pubic hair to make babies. Wizkid can tell you his story.
- How to know you’re a twitter celeb; People write poems for follow backs; “Roses are redYour hair is purple I will do anything for you Just follow me back”
- Yes. Its that bad.
- 14 years!!!!
- Being a Unilag girl is not easy. The Stereotyping + Generalization is too much. Thank God I’m a Medilag girl
- Anyone that advices you to study medicine doesn’t love you.
- Eveything is now sexual
- Ugwu Leaves >>>>>>>>>>>
- Tears now come in the shredded form. You can treat this by drinking Orange Jews. I wonder what Orange Jews taste like
- Being an Ibadan Indigene is not easy. We always take the Jabs. Especially Ibadan girls (=^_^=).
- Someone somewhere is always forming a BC. A New year BC is coming your way.
- Don’t be with someone you cannot laugh and joke with. Laughter is the best medicine.
- Twitter remains a serious issue. You are your tweets no matter how much you deny it.
- If you’re a Med Student, Never let your lecturer know that your father is a doctor. The famz will be too great. That is how many anatomy HOD called my father when I failed my CA.
- Haters are always gonn’ hate
- Live your life while you can. Don’t have to wish you did something while you had the chance. I wish I had more fun in year 1.
- Leave before you are left.
- Your DMs are not so safe. Keep your naked pictures of twitter.
- There are too many talented Nigerian youth. I wish I could do something with my hands. What is your talent?
- Don’t sleep with another girl’s boyfriend. Na ata gigun get you oo!
- It’s a crime to be fat and ugly. People are too insensitive. Don’t call them fat; call them heavy boned. Don’t call them ugly; call them tending towards the unfine axis.
- You can be a cool virgin. See the toxic virgin.
- There are still some good Nigerians. I forgot my wallet on a bus and a kind man brought it to my school for me.
- There are P setters and there are P setters. There are P setters. The actual P setters don’t make noise about setting P. I know this
- Weed over Alcohol any day. Alcohol can get you into trouble. Weed makes you stupid. I prefer stupid.
- If you ever have to get married. Don’t rush things. I know why I’m saying this. *cough* Mer *cough* see *cough* John *cough* Doe. I did not mention names o!
- People can claim!! Even somebody living in Epe will be complaining about the Lekki toll gate.
- Festac is a country on its own – Farstac
- Don’t be a weist
- Twitter is not just for setting P. See what happened to D’banj or Odinabarbie or Tweetoracle – He was offered 3 million naira for his twitter account. Don’t put chewing gum in your eyes people are making a living off witter.
- Fela lives forever! He’s a bawse like that.
- What did we learn from G/Qadhafi tho?
- Don’t blame Boko Haram. Why can’t our government give us good security?
- If you have to steal your daddy’s credit. Steal wisely.
- You can never be too stupid. See Vic O vs Speed Darlingtion – Battle of the stupids. We await Vic’s new album. The Murder Fuckers.
- I am a bloody addict
- This just came in….To get HIV all you need is 12 thrusts
I learnt many more things sha. What did you learn in 2011??
PS. This is obviously my last post in 2011. I want to say thank you to all of my awesome readers and supporters. Y’all made my 2011. Hope to see you all in 2012. Hope you had a blissful 2011. Hope your 2012 will be more bliss filled.
Im also looking for guest writers o!! Inbox me @ firstname.lastname@example.org No spam please.
Thank you for coming and please share your thoughts and don’t forget to feel your boobies! I love you all!!
Awesome Grace Villa
Kemi’s Future husband.
Olowo Ori Mi! Eye Mi!
The Sugar in my cupboard, The cockroach in my tea.
I hope this meets you well o! And you better be reading this! Pay careful attention o! You know listening is one of the keys to a successful relationship..ehen!
I must say, you are one very lucky basterd! With the number of people tryna set p now eh! and you still came through, O ku Orire!
I even wonder what you are doing at the moment. You better not be chyking another babe o! Because I’m meant to be your one and only! The time here says 6:34 pm. You should be in a library or reading somewhere reading Maths and stuff seeing as you will become a
Maths Teacher Petrochemical Engineer. Notice the specificity? We must taste that National cake. I don’t want a glorified mechanic o! My papa no fit hear am.
So that we shall not argue when we meet, Let me lay down the rules. MY RULES.
1. You know why God sent us to earth na? We shall obey him to the letter. Obey him Morning, afternoon and night. Obey him in the shower, On the kitchen table, In the nursery, Surprise visit to your office, and anywhere. I’m obedient like that. Not that we cannot feel the need to be obedient at the same time. So hold yourself. If you like Cheat. Castration is your portion.
2. You know the actual will of God is to make babies. I just hope ‘em babies roll in at the right time. I don’t want ours to be the case of the couple that terminated their pregnancy cuz they wanted time for each other.
We are gonna have 8 babies!
Oh your head is getting light? Have a comfy seat \)___ Yes! 8 babies. Sextuplets and a set of twins. Don’t get all woozy, you will be fine. Just start learning how to multitask. Preparing baby food and changing diapers will come naturally to you.
Ahem! start researching on the necessary food supplements and stuff that can increase your firing rate. To achieve such feat, we require extra effort.
3. My love!! You don’t expect me to do all the cooking and clinting *In Madea’s voice* O le wa pa mi fun Baba mi eh! My pops knows how to cook so you sef you must sabi! Note that boiling water does not count as cooking. Just in case of anything, learn how to cook so that hunger will not finish our children.
4. The issue of Ekaettae is something I’m still considering. Mi o wa fe ki omo gbo’ko lowo mi. Banky W will now be singing my theme song! Mba!
5. Date NIghts. We shall set out at least two days in a month to go on dates. Don’t say because we’re married you can’t start doing anyhow o! You will pretend as if its our first date…I hope you know a visit to Mr. Biggs does not count as a date.
Ehen! For our actual first date, you can like to take hints from @bule_jr’s Date Days. That should help.
6. Pay very good attention now o! Me I don’t want all those clichéd proposals. Too boring! I want something you don’t see everyday like proposing when we go bungee jumping of Eko bridge. You had better be an adrenaline junkie.
7. Our Song. I really wonder what ‘our song’ will be But Iwant to make a suggestion.
There are many songs in my head. First I thought of Bracket’s “Yori Yori” I changed my mind when I heard “Mueh Mueh” who does that?
Then we have “Something about you” by Dr. Sid. I fux with this song mehn. d(^_^)b. I mean that song is a good song.
“We go get big house for
Sokoto Banana Island”
“Our children no go be Olodo” Yes ke! My brain + Your brain should gives us whiz kids. ( Not the he ye ye ye crooner type o Cuz I don’t want my kids telling me..”Mummy you’re a soup or star”
“No cheating and no Ojoro” Like I said, na castration get you!
I was also considering Seyi Shodimu’s “Love me jeje” but I don’t want to seem too ancient.
8. Discipline. There shall be no such thing as flogging o! If I hear am! You dunno what Menstrual cramps feel like. Not to talk of the strains of child birth. You will not kill my child for me. Punishments like “Stand in the corner”, “Go to your room”, “You’re grounded” or Pinfall can suffice. This doesn’t mean the children will be spoilt.
That is all I have in mind for now. I just hope I haven’t forgotten anything. Extra details shall be forwarded to you.
Remain blessed my dear.
Use your seat belt o!
Don’t shame me ehn so that my case will not be the case of the babe in 27 dresses and all those nosy relatives will not start talking.
Do come at the RIGHT time.
With so much love in my heart,
This is a true incident that happened place in Soweto about a month ago.
A man was hitchhiking on a very dark night in the middle of a storm. The storm was so strong that he could hardly see his feet in front of him. Suddenly a car stopped next to him. Without thinking, he got in and closed the door, just to realize that there was nobody behind the steering wheel.
The car moved slowly.
He looked ahead and saw a curve in the road. Scared; he started praying, begging for his life.
He was terrified.
Just before hitting the curve a hand appeared through the window and turned the steering wheel.
The man, now paralyzed with fear, watched how the hand kept appearing every time they got to a curve.
Gathering all his courage, he jumped out and ran to the nearest lights he could see.
Wet and in shock, he went into a shebeen and asked for a double brandy. After drinking it, he told every one of the horrible experience he just had. Everyone was silent when they realized he was crying.
About half an hour later, two men came walking into the shebeen and, on seeing the terrified man, the one said to the other:
“Mfowetu isn’t that the idiot that got into the car while we were pushing it?”
This Story was written by @pheekayo
Ok. I’m not so much of a poet.
I did not even like reading poetry. Well not until I started reading @awizii’s blog.
Before then, it was just cramming lines of William Shakespeare and William Wordsworth-Longfellow back in Primary school for me.
I even remember my Embarrasing experience on 19th street *side eye at @HL_Blue*
So this is a poem that just came to me during biochem class. It may be about me and it may not! :p
Hope you’re not expecting too much already. Hehe.
Here you go.
It illuminates a room
It brings back memories of youth
Even godesses get envious
It makes you wanna smile
That lovely smile
But behind that smile
Lies so much pain
Pain from a sorrowful upbringing
Shrouded with fear
And tears from times past.
The smile masked the pain
It masked the sorrow
It hid every trace of tears
Depicting such happiness
Don’t be deceived by the smile
A sad soul lies within.
Honest and Constructive criticism please.