Nigerians overdo things. GENERALLY speaking.
Nigerians that use photoshop horribly give Nigerians a bad name. I think 419ers and Yahoo Boys are better because some of them are smart except a few of the new generation Yahoo boys.
Like! Who you tryna fool?
What exactly do you mean?
You guys need to quit this bad behavior.
See these ones;
I wish there was an explanation for this. I just can’t!
These ones are meant to be Superman and Lois Lane. I think.
See how this one us bigger than the car. When you’re not the Incredible Hulk. Zero proportion! Not even realistic at all.
I wonder if this is somebody’s daddy;
See my guy! Swimming in Money;
I wonder Why Joekel had to caption a picture of himself ”on is way to America”. Big Deal.
“I’m gonna be on the cover of Forbes Magazine smiling next to Oprah and the Queen”. Dreams do come true.
This is Frank Ocean. Don’t you think so?
This one made me weak. How can you be bigger than the escalator?
Peter And Paul. Dem be 4 no be 2;
I’m done guys.
See ehn! This Medilag is a horrible place. No chill at all!
After two heartbreaking weeks of exam we weren’t giving time off to mend our broken hearts. Not even a day! Talk less of a week!
Exams finished on Friday, BCS started the following Monday. No chill.
BCS (Basic Clinical Skills) is an introduction to the clinics where new clinical students get oriented to basic clinical practices such as history taking and the use of some medical equipment. We get rotated through all the units in the college of medicine for a period of one month. At the end of this rotation, there is an exam! Phew!
I’m a member of Group D because my surname starts with ‘W’. My group members have been well behaved thus far and we are in our last day of our Dentistry posting. Dentistry has been a breeze and kind of a walk through. No hassles.
Tomorrow, We’re moving to O&G (Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology). I hear these people are slave pushers. I don’t wanna go there.
I’m in a dentistry lecture right now and this woman is talking about ‘history taking’ in Oral Pathology. I’m tired of hearing about history taking. The last 6 lectures have been based on history taking too. *bleh*
PS: I’m just here almost dying of ‘Result Hypertension’. I wonder why these people are sitting on our results.
I would have uploaded a picture of me in my new ward coat but I’m just chilling for results to make the coat a permanent asset. *fingers crossed*
My Three Cents is something I thought up quite a while ago but I didn’t end up bringing to reality because of my infinite laziness and the almighty time factor.
It is a space where I and other interested people air views/opinions on different issues.
You know how you want to air your opinion on a certain topic on twitter and the 140 character limit won’t let you be great? Yeah! Those kind of opinions. This is where I share such opinions. You can share yours too by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Here’s What I think about HAPPINESS;
People are just as happy as they make up their minds to be.
To many Happiness is a state of mind of well being. There are many approaches to happiness; psychological, philosophical, economical, medical and religious most especially.
As Far as I know, Everybody deserves to be happy. Everybody can be happy and it doesn’t take too much to be happy.
Since my parents’ separation which was a really dark time in my really short life, Depression was as good as my middle name. My plastic smile never for once gave me away.
You know. Looking good on the outside but the total opposite on the inside? Yeah! That kind of thing!
Nobody deserves such sadness, rejection or depression. I always thought happiness was a goal and I was always in the pursuit of happiness.
Unknown to me, happiness isn’t a destination. It is more like a journey. A journey that involves looking beyond the insufficiencies and all other irregularities and savoring the good things around you.
I tried to find my happiness in something. A forced smile didn’t bring me happiness.
I tried burying myself in one activity or the other. Books, Movies, TV, Anything fun; all to no avail!
Evidently, Happiness doesn’t come when you try to base it on something because anything that has its good side will surely surely have its downsides!
I know we’ve all heard the saying that goes; “Money Doesn’t buy happiness”
Some people went further to say ” I’d rather cry in my BMW than cry on a bicycle”
True! Better comfortable than poor.
Still. Money doesn’t buy happiness and this life is too short to be anything but happy! So I have learned to look past the things that are going off course and be happy with my present situation and pray for nothing but the best because my happiness depends on me! (Just Like Uncle Abe Said).
Hi guys! Today on TTGMG, We have Afoma. She’s a fellow Medical Student and she blogs here.
Hello everyone who reads Kemi’s blog! *waves*. My name is Afoma, in case she doesn’t introduce me and I’m about to tell you all some of the stuff that people do that really annoy me. Be warned, there’s quite a number of them. I don’t want you guys to think that I’m easily irritated, but what can I do? Oh well, here goes:
1. Loud people: I can’t tell if loud females or loud males annoy me more, I’m still deciding, maybe I’ll have made my decision at the end of this post. I’m aware some people are naturally loud, but for God’s sake there’s a time for everything. Maybe you think screaming at the top of your voice will make you heard, but you should also know that you could be giving an unfortunate person there a hefty migraine. I can even hear you when you whisper, because your whispers are louder than my normal voice and I’m not one of those girls with a really tiny voice. Boys/guys are allowed to be loud in pubs or bars when they’re watching football matches, even in their homes or when that enthusiastic convo is happening with the guys, but come on, you can’t always be that loud. Girls, we understand that there are those arguments when you’re trying to prove a point to that other girl or when you’re trying to show how one singer is better than the other, we get it, but please don’t be that loud, its off-putting.
2. Open-mouthed chewers: Okay, I don’t understand why I need to see the results of the action of your masticatory muscles or why you need to talk with food in your mouth. Please, don’t open your mouth with food in it, except you’re with close friends and you’re just being silly. Don’t talk with food in your mouth unless it’s a life or death emergency. And we don’t need to hear the sound of your food being broken down unless they’re extra crispy or crunchy in which case you’re pardoned. You’re not five, we do not need to see food leaking through your lips.
3. Spitting at me while talking: This is simply unacceptable. I get that we may have moments (one or two) when we’re really excited and we spit at someone while talking. But this is not socially acceptable in case you were wondering. I’ve had people spit a chunk of white foamy saliva on my hand while they were speaking. Of course, I used enough soap and washed it off while I tried not to think of all the bacteria that had been released to my skin. Safe to say I’m still traumatized. Slow down, I’m listening, you don’t have to say it all at once. Take a break to rid your oral cavity of saliva.
4. Leaving doors open: This is just a manifestation of my OCD. I can’t help it. Doors should be closed, especially if they were closed before you opened them. Please remember to close them when you step out, thank you.
5. Pen Chewers: So, most people did this until maybe JS3. We’re grown ups now, chewing pens or anything other than food and chewing gum is just wrong. ESPECIALLY when its a borrowed pen, which just happens to be mine. Don’t do it. Remember you’re a grown up. It helps to think that way.
6. The Condemners: These are people who cannot have a conversation with you without talking about someone else or something someone else did and condemning them and of course needing you to join in condemning. Get thee behind me. I’m trying to live this life where I mind my own business and not gossip about about others, so please don’t tell me, I really don’t care and I have a lot to study, no time for this gist.
7. Slow walkers: This is just a really silly pet peeve. Especially when I’m walking alone or trying to catch that 8am class. Don’t walk in the centre of the road and sloooooowlllyy. I might be tempted to push you.
8. It’s MY phone: When you ask to see my phone, do just that. Please don’t look at my photos or videos or personal files without my permission. I think it’s rude. I have nothing to hide, I just don’t need you snooping when you’re not a close friend or family. Some (very embarrassing) photos are for my personal viewing only.
9. Don’t trash talk my favorite bands or songs. I take it personally. Don’t trash talk my favorite anything. Books, people, food, blogs anything. If you don’t like it. Say so, nicely and stop there. And you’re only allowed to say when I’ve asked your opinion.
10. You’ve made it to the end, well done and thanks for sticking till the end of my rant. I think loud girls are more irritating. Ugh. Be a lady please. At least in public.
***PS: No vex oh, if one of these peeves affect you. They’re just my peeves, I’m sure some people love these things.
Afoma, too cute.
While I was away studying my life away, I got nominated for a Liebster! Yay!
Actually, Two Liebsters! Whoop!
A Liebster is an award given to up and coming bloggers with under 200 WordPress followers, The Liebster Award originated in Germany and Liebster means dearest or beloved, and Liebe is love.
I feel rather ecstatic because people feel I deserve such an award. So the nomination comes with certain rules;
1. Thank the person who nominated you
2. List 11 random facts about yourself
3. Answer the questions they have asked you
4. Nominate 11 other people
5. Ask the nominees 11 questions
6. Last and definitely least, let them know you have nominated them.
11 Random Facts about Myself
1. Food makes me happy.
2. I’m the poster girl for Laziness.
3. I have ‘Result Jitters’ at the moment.
4. I love any kind of music. As long as it sounds good.
5. I am the general secretary of #TeamForeverAlone
6. I’m currently reading ‘The Perks Of Being a Wallflower’ by Stephen Chbosky. ‘The Prince’ by Nicollo Machiavelli is the next on my list.
7. I look malnourished. At the moment.
8. I’m craving red velvet cake.
9. I have so much faith in my Mummy’s prayers.
10. School resumes tomorrow.
11. I don’t wanna go there.
Now, the hard part. Hard because I have to answer two sets of questions.
1. If you could only rescue one parent from a burning house which would you save, and why?
Thank God both my parents can’t be found under the same roof.
2. How do spend your free time?
Study, Eat, Sleep, Blog, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Look for trouble.
3. What is your greatest achievement so far?
Writing Part Two Pros.
4. If you were appointed President of your country, what would be your first act?
Make the weekend last 5 days.
5. If you have to choose between dying by poisoning or suffocation, which will you prefer?
What am I dying for Biko?
6. If you had just a wish, answer guaranteed what would you wish for?
Uncountable more wishes.
7. Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings (state reasons please)
Harry Potter. Because.
8. What are the best five words that would describe you?
Lazy, Fun, Silly, Smart, Single.
9. Which of the F.R.I.E.N.D.S character would date if you have the opportunity?
10. How did you get interested in writing?
Really can’t remember.
11. If you could start all over in life, would you change anything?
Most likely. Few things here and there.
1. Checkered blue and white’ or ‘black’?
2. Curtains or no curtains?
No Curtains when PHCN do what they do best.
3. Hardcover, paperback or ebooks?
I love paper backs but I can’t afford them. So ebooks for the win.
4. What’s your ambiance while writing?
Boredom and Sadness mostly.
5. Do you plan to publish a novel?
Not that I know of.
6. Do you like to make a gift for your loved one or do you rather buy?
Buying. No hassles.
7. Which is the most beautiful color according to you?
8. What’s your mantra in life?
It’s gonna be alright.
9. Have you ever thought of becoming a soldier in your life?
10. Do you have stage fear?
11. ‘Mickey mouse/ Aladdin/Tom and Jerry’ or ‘Naruto/Bleach/Mega XLR?
My nominees in no particular order;
1. Fikayo’s Rants
2. Ojuola’s Notes
3. The Fab Sister’s Blog
4. Wana’s Playbook.
5. Those Little Things
6. Musings Of Minds Under The Illusion of Freedom
8. Nostalgic Words of a Future Me
9. Punkenstein’s Blog
10. Adetokunbohr’s Blog
12. Out Of my Head
12. Because u can.
My questions for the nominees;
1. Money, Power, Respect. Choose two.
2. What is your idea of religion?
3. Have you ever considered politics?
4. What do you do for fun?
5. What one word do you think describes me?
6. What one word describes you?
7. What’s music to you?
8. Do you have a plan B in life? If yes what is it?
9. What book will you recommend for me to read?
10. Why did you start blogging?
11. Say something totally random!
Lol. This has been fun!
NB: There is no general committee that handles this award. its’s just a recognition from one blogger to another for how awesome they are. Kind of like a really big internet hug.
Hello Lovelies! I missed y’all too. :*
So… The good news or the bad news?
Meh… I don’t have any good news. The fact that I’m done with my exams would’ve been good news except for the fact that the outcome of my exam (result) is really uncertain/unpredictable and I literally have my heart in my mouth. The thought of resitting any paper scares the shit out of me. Not to talk of the thought of repeating the class. The amount of bullshit I wrote in the exam didn’t even help matters.
I have faith in the same God that helped me pass my Part one physiology; I didn’t make an atom of sense in that paper but I still passed. You see, there’s a God and this God is ‘my God of Part one physiology pros’ that is gonna help me somehow.
More bad news, School resumes on Monday. I’m starting my Basic Clinical Skills (BCS) training. No Holiday. The agony. If I did really well in my exam, I probably won’t be feeling bad about this.
Automatically, Majority of ‘After Pros‘ plans have been put asunder. #Bummer.
Some More Bad News, My Blackberry gave up on me two days ago. Life without quick access to the Internet really sucks. Anyways, goodbye to the struggleberry I’m getting me a new phone that costs less than 20,000 Naira. People that read Kemminy Snickets know why.
In a nutshell, the last two weeks of my life have been two really horrible cum emotional weeks for me. I realized that I’m actually stronger than I think I am because I actually lived through these two horrible weeks. After my Pharmacology paper on Monday the 4th, I made up my mind not to sit for Pathology on Tuesday the 5th. I sat for all my papers even though I was at the brink of giving up. Thank God for good friends.
Part Two Pros/ Second MB/’Path and Pharm’ exam is an experience of a lifetime and I don’t wish for anyone to experience it twice.
I’m going to give a testimony in church on Sunday. I just have to.
So, the next time you see someone that has gone through ‘Path and Pharm’, you have to dobale (____O_) for the person whether the person passed or failed because that Ish is not beans.
I’m off to get some more rest.
PS. I’m still accepting TTGMG posts. Mail email@example.com
So this mighty rat just found its way into my room. As I’m blogging, it is right under my bed doing God-knows-what.
It is mighty I swear! Immediately it entered, I said “I have to blog about this” and the people around me found it funny. I dunno why.
Dear Medilag Rats,
I come in peace. I hope you leave in peace too.
I know I met y’all in Medilag and stuff.
I understand that y’all have ruled Medilag for a pretty long time. Even before Ajasa thought of conceiving me.
Boundaries must be set.
Stop gnawing at my door in the middle of the night.
That shit creeps me out.
Like is the overnight garbage not enough for you?
What exactly do you seek in my room?
You want to come and eat garri and rice?
I don’t have!
So when you realize that I don’t have food you’ll now eat all my clothes and books.
Things I have hustled to acquire.
I understand. You own the land.
Even when those compssa people were carrying out their ‘deratization’ scheme I saw it as a joke.
Fumigation ain’t got nothing on you.
Let’s meet halfway….
Stay in your lane and I’ll stay in mine.
Manage your dustbins and the gutters and I’ll stick to my room.
Please stay out of the bathrooms! There’s nothing edible there…
I’m surprised that y’all haven’t noticed.
Let’s do this and try to live in peace.
Only if the rats could read.
There’s this particular rat that gnawed a hole through my room door. You’d have thought it was its Daddy’s sitting room.
Medilag rats have been around for a pretty ‘loooooong’ time and I think Jesus is the only way to get rid of them.
Daddy be an otapiapia.