Archive for the ‘Random’ Category
So I got some more Liebsters and decided to just get around to answering the questions. I don’t think it’s legal to go through the entire process twice. Here goes;
1) Which do you prefer, fire or water? please prove your point. you can use superhero analysis if you like.
-Water. “Water no get enemy!”
2) What part of your physical features define you and give reason
-My smile, I guess…
3) What part of your physical features exposes you to the world?
4) If you were to die today, what would be your death wish?
-May we not die today o!
5) If your house was on fire and you were only allowed to pick three things, what would they be?
-iPad, Car Keys and a change of clothes.
6) Would you die for a cause you believe in?
-If it’s a worthy cause, Yes.
7) Where else in the world do you want to be apart from your current location?
-Where the food’s at!
8) What music defines you? and why?
-NONE! I’m a music hoe.
9)Do you still believe in Love?
10) Why do you blog?
-I ask myself this sometimes and I think it’s because owning a WordPress is free.
1. Why are you so awesome?
-It’s in the genes yo!
2. What do/did you study in the Uni?
3. Is CU the best school in the world?
4. What inspires you?
5. What do you love most about blogging?
-Being able to share excerpts of my boring life with people.
6. Is there a special somebody in your life?
-Well, Yes ☺
7. Why am I your favourite blogger?
-Lol, Cocky much?
8. Can Nigeria ever be great?
-I used to think so, Right now, I’m not so sure.
9. Love or Sex?
10. What’s your selling point?
-I don’t feel like bragging here.
11. How many questions did you answer truthfully?
-11. I guess.
1. Has your mother ever called you “mad”?
-What an offbeat first question.
2. What one thing would you never buy if you had £1b in your account today?
-Alex Amosu’s Champgane
3. Have you ever been to the east (of Nigeria)?
-Does Port Harcourt count as east?
4. If yes, what’s it like there? Never been.
-Answer my own question first.
5. Are you, today, who you hoped 5 years ago to be?
-Not really, I’m meant to be rich.
6. Frank Spencer and Mr. Bean, Who’s worse/better?
- Sorry, Who’s Frank Spencer?
7. What’s the oddest item you saw on sale while stuck in traffic?
-I don’t get stuck in traffic much, I just go from Helipad to Helipad. Yannah?
8. Are you considered a tweet-celeb? -_-
-In the past.
9. Gay rights, yay or nay?
10. Can you cook?
11. Are we done yet?
1. If you had all the money in the world but still had to have some kind of job, what would you choose to do?
- Be a cake taster.
2. What do you believe stands between you and complete happiness?
3. What small thing could you do to make someone’s day better?
4. Is the country you live in really the best fit for you?
-I also ask myself this question. .
5. What life lesson did you learn the hard way?
-Don’t take people at face value.
6. Which activities make you lose track of time?
-Stalking people on Instagram. It scares me.
7. What is important enough to go to war over?
-Saying BBT is not funny.
8. What is the most desirable trait another person can possess?
-A God-fearing spirit.
9. What is the simplest truth you can express in words?
-Life is hard.
10. What are you proudest of in your life?
-Right now, Passing my 2nd MB.
Thanks for the ‘Re-nomination’ guys! Bless.
This is just me, All the way in ward D2, Tired, Hungry, Angry with associated waist pain. All that standing!
Whoever said Junior Clerkship was a lounging year told a really big lie because what I’m experiencing right now is far from lounging!
I’m starting with the rotation that people seem to find easy and I’m complaining like this… I don’t even want to get to Obs & Gynae or Surgery any time soon! Surgery especially!
I started my paediatrics posting last week Thursday and it hasn’t even been so much fun. I love babies and little children but seeing babies in obvious pain and holding on to life is so heartbreaking!
I wonder why innocent babies will come down with such horrible conditions.
In the span of 3 days, I have studied about, learnt and seen 5 pathologies I didn’t even learn about in pathology class!. This life.
Anywho, I have come to observe so many mummies that appeared to have taken up residence at their child’s bedside. Some of them don’t even have a change of clothes but they are always there. Praying, Pacing, Crying and Sitting in the most uncomfortable plastic chairs.
Tunde Kelani’s ‘Maami‘ comes to mind. It is a docu-drama about motherly love. Despite the horrible acting, it still brought me to tears. Even ‘Aftershock‘ and ‘Titanic‘ didn’t move me to tears. I’m not even stone hearted. Contrary to what Habeebah believes.
Nothing beats a mother’s love.
But when I thought about it, Father’s love may come off as cuter than mother’s love.
I watch as a widowed father cuddled his neonate to sleep. Loveliest thing I’ve seen in a while. The man looked sad and happy at the same time. I felt for him.
May we not have any cause to ditch the comfort of our homes to sit in uncomfortable hospital chairs. Amin.
Boluwatife is my Little sister. I don’t talk about her because I don’t know her well. How won’t I know my own sister you may ask? Well, asides being busy with school and all, she’s always locked up in her Mother’s (My Step-Mum) chambers and out of sight. Except for the occasional Sunday when we go to church together or one random evening when her mother decides to keep her in sight.
Bolu was born on the 27th of August 2012. This makes her 7months and 27 days old.
She’s such a cutie too. This she gets from her big sister.
I spent most of yesterday with Bolu and it was like we had known each other forever. It felt good.
I only got this opportunity because BCS is over and I got to spend a weekday at home. Also, her nanny was tired of her.
We watched movies on Afmag Youruba as she seems drawn to these Yoruba movies and has a certain aversion for cartoons which is quite strange. She watches Yoruba movies with rapt attention. We have to wean her of this very soon. Can’t be having a sister with the IQ of groundnut.
She tried to eat everything in sight. Everything except her own food. She even tried to eat her walker.
I said EVERYTHING. See her trying to eat my HDD.
And my phone;
When she finally ate her own food, she fell asleep in my arms. :’)
When she woke up, she started crying and I didn’t know what to do. I offered food. No. I tried singing but my voice was quite raspy because of my recent battle with a sore throat. She still didn’t agree. I broke into what I call ‘azonto’. She stopped crying and started looking at me like ‘TF does she think she’s doing?’ Lol. At least it worked.
Don’t worry Bolu, we get our two left feet from our daddy; I trust you’ll be as bad a dancer as I am.
So Afoma Did this thing on her blog and I decided to try it out too.
All you have to do is Set your music player to shuffle and answer some questions. Now, the catch is that the answers to the questions are the titles of the songs. Here goes;
1. If someone says ”Is this okay?”, you say?
- Green Eyes – Erykah Badu (Lol. That’ll be awkward)
2. What would best describe your personality?
- Heartless (cover) – Justin Bieber. (I’m nothing but heartless :))
3. What do you like in a guy?
- Stay The Night – Green Day. (I’m gonna interpret this as a guy that’s there for me in my down times.)
4. How do you feel today?
- See Groove – Terry G (x_x)
5. What’s your life’s purpose?
- Epona -Enya (In Gallo-Roman religion, Epona was a protector of horses, donkeys, and mules. Def not my purpose in life)
6. What is your motto?
Dream Come True – Lagbaja (Hi iTunes, it’s actually ITMTTDMS)
7. What do your friends think of you?
- I’ve got you under my skin – Michael Buble
8. What do you think about very often?
- Seventeen Forever – Metro Station (Not Exactly)
9. What do you think of your best friend?
- Ladies Night – Kool and the Gang (LOOL)
10. What do you think of the person you like?
- Dancefloor – Tuface
11. What is your life story?
- Ghost of Me – Daughtry (ugh!)
12. What do you want to be when you grow up?
- We’re Young and Beautiful – Carrie Underwood (How Apt :))
13. What do your parents think of you?
- Sweet 16 – Greenday (Yup! I’m sweet)
14. Wedding dance song?
- S&M – Rihanna (Lol! So wrong!)
15. What do you think when you see the person you like?
- Adorn – Miguel
16. Funeral song?
- If I knew – Bruno Mars (Nah! No regrets!)
- Absinthe Party At The Fly Honey Warehouse – Minus the Bear (Well..)
18. Biggest secret?
- Hol’ Up – Kendrick Lamar
19. What do you think of your friends?
- Beautiful Soul – Jesse McCartney (AwwwwN)
20. Worst thing that could happen?
- Diced Pineapples – Rick Ross (oh?)
21. Does anyone like you?
- C.R.U.S.H – Ciara (Hehe)
22. What makes you laugh?
- Monkey Banana – Fela Anikulapo Kuti (lol)
23. Go back in time, what would you change?
- Lie About Us – Avant (K.)
24. Why will you get married?
- I Hate You – Tank (How is this sensible?)
25. What will you name this post?
- Heaven – Emeli Sande (Cool!)
This was fun. You guys should try this out!
While I was away studying my life away, I got nominated for a Liebster! Yay!
Actually, Two Liebsters! Whoop!
A Liebster is an award given to up and coming bloggers with under 200 WordPress followers, The Liebster Award originated in Germany and Liebster means dearest or beloved, and Liebe is love.
I feel rather ecstatic because people feel I deserve such an award. So the nomination comes with certain rules;
1. Thank the person who nominated you
2. List 11 random facts about yourself
3. Answer the questions they have asked you
4. Nominate 11 other people
5. Ask the nominees 11 questions
6. Last and definitely least, let them know you have nominated them.
11 Random Facts about Myself
1. Food makes me happy.
2. I’m the poster girl for Laziness.
3. I have ‘Result Jitters’ at the moment.
4. I love any kind of music. As long as it sounds good.
5. I am the general secretary of #TeamForeverAlone
6. I’m currently reading ‘The Perks Of Being a Wallflower’ by Stephen Chbosky. ‘The Prince’ by Nicollo Machiavelli is the next on my list.
7. I look malnourished. At the moment.
8. I’m craving red velvet cake.
9. I have so much faith in my Mummy’s prayers.
10. School resumes tomorrow.
11. I don’t wanna go there.
Now, the hard part. Hard because I have to answer two sets of questions.
1. If you could only rescue one parent from a burning house which would you save, and why?
Thank God both my parents can’t be found under the same roof.
2. How do spend your free time?
Study, Eat, Sleep, Blog, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Look for trouble.
3. What is your greatest achievement so far?
Writing Part Two Pros.
4. If you were appointed President of your country, what would be your first act?
Make the weekend last 5 days.
5. If you have to choose between dying by poisoning or suffocation, which will you prefer?
What am I dying for Biko?
6. If you had just a wish, answer guaranteed what would you wish for?
Uncountable more wishes.
7. Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings (state reasons please)
Harry Potter. Because.
8. What are the best five words that would describe you?
Lazy, Fun, Silly, Smart, Single.
9. Which of the F.R.I.E.N.D.S character would date if you have the opportunity?
10. How did you get interested in writing?
Really can’t remember.
11. If you could start all over in life, would you change anything?
Most likely. Few things here and there.
1. Checkered blue and white’ or ‘black’?
2. Curtains or no curtains?
No Curtains when PHCN do what they do best.
3. Hardcover, paperback or ebooks?
I love paper backs but I can’t afford them. So ebooks for the win.
4. What’s your ambiance while writing?
Boredom and Sadness mostly.
5. Do you plan to publish a novel?
Not that I know of.
6. Do you like to make a gift for your loved one or do you rather buy?
Buying. No hassles.
7. Which is the most beautiful color according to you?
8. What’s your mantra in life?
It’s gonna be alright.
9. Have you ever thought of becoming a soldier in your life?
10. Do you have stage fear?
11. ‘Mickey mouse/ Aladdin/Tom and Jerry’ or ‘Naruto/Bleach/Mega XLR?
My nominees in no particular order;
1. Fikayo’s Rants
2. Ojuola’s Notes
3. The Fab Sister’s Blog
4. Wana’s Playbook.
5. Those Little Things
6. Musings Of Minds Under The Illusion of Freedom
8. Nostalgic Words of a Future Me
9. Punkenstein’s Blog
10. Adetokunbohr’s Blog
12. Out Of my Head
12. Because u can.
My questions for the nominees;
1. Money, Power, Respect. Choose two.
2. What is your idea of religion?
3. Have you ever considered politics?
4. What do you do for fun?
5. What one word do you think describes me?
6. What one word describes you?
7. What’s music to you?
8. Do you have a plan B in life? If yes what is it?
9. What book will you recommend for me to read?
10. Why did you start blogging?
11. Say something totally random!
Lol. This has been fun!
NB: There is no general committee that handles this award. its’s just a recognition from one blogger to another for how awesome they are. Kind of like a really big internet hug.
So this mighty rat just found its way into my room. As I’m blogging, it is right under my bed doing God-knows-what.
It is mighty I swear! Immediately it entered, I said “I have to blog about this” and the people around me found it funny. I dunno why.
Dear Medilag Rats,
I come in peace. I hope you leave in peace too.
I know I met y’all in Medilag and stuff.
I understand that y’all have ruled Medilag for a pretty long time. Even before Ajasa thought of conceiving me.
Boundaries must be set.
Stop gnawing at my door in the middle of the night.
That shit creeps me out.
Like is the overnight garbage not enough for you?
What exactly do you seek in my room?
You want to come and eat garri and rice?
I don’t have!
So when you realize that I don’t have food you’ll now eat all my clothes and books.
Things I have hustled to acquire.
I understand. You own the land.
Even when those compssa people were carrying out their ‘deratization’ scheme I saw it as a joke.
Fumigation ain’t got nothing on you.
Let’s meet halfway….
Stay in your lane and I’ll stay in mine.
Manage your dustbins and the gutters and I’ll stick to my room.
Please stay out of the bathrooms! There’s nothing edible there…
I’m surprised that y’all haven’t noticed.
Let’s do this and try to live in peace.
Only if the rats could read.
There’s this particular rat that gnawed a hole through my room door. You’d have thought it was its Daddy’s sitting room.
Medilag rats have been around for a pretty ‘loooooong’ time and I think Jesus is the only way to get rid of them.
Daddy be an otapiapia.
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2012 annual report for this blog.
Here’s an excerpt:
4,329 films were submitted to the 2012 Cannes Film Festival. This blog had 15,000 views in 2012. If each view were a film, this blog would power 3 Film Festivals
Hope your weekend was more fun and productive than mine. I was just home all weekend watching movies and doing laundry. That’s as much as my fun gets nowadays.
On to happier things, As many of you know, I got nominated in the Nigerian Blog Awards under the Best Humor and Best Student Blog categories, Thanks to many of you. The voting process was carried out and the winners were announced via a live Twitter Show on Sunday November the 18th.
I’m proud to announce that I copped the award for The Best Student Blog (by popular vote). I’m deeply overjoyed and Overwhelmed and I appreciate all my readers and everyone that nominated or voted.
I’m dedicating this award to “olliyu’ and to many more awards in more categories. Cheers.
With that said, I know there are other deserving bloggers that have showed more dedication than I have and even write better/more interesting things than I do but you guys stood by this prodigal/lazy blogger. You lot are too awesome.
I’m going to to try my best to update this space as much as my time permits and I’m gonna push myself to embark on the journey of the 30 day challenge which I have been postponing all year.
Very big shout out to the people at The Naked Convos, The Sarcastic Center, Afrosays and to all other winners. More ink to your pens.
And to other nominees, next year is another year; everybody is a winner.
See the full list o winners here
Hey y’all this is something I’ve been meaning to do for a while now…
I read this piece some years ago, apparently it’s a song by an Australian Director – He directed Moulin Rouge- called Baz Luhrmann. I found it quite amusing yet inspiring and thought I should share. Enjoy.
Ladies and Gentlemen of the class of ’99
If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be it. The long term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by scientists whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience…I will dispense this advice now;
Enjoy the power and beauty of your youth; oh nevermind; you will not understand the power and beauty of your youth until they have faded. But trust me, in 20 years you’ll look back at photos of yourself and Recall in a way you can’t grasp now how much possibility lay before you and how fabulous you really looked….
You’re not as fat as you imagine.
Don’t worry about the future; or worry, but know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubblegum.
The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that never crossed your worried mind; the kind that blindside you at 4pm on some idle Tuesday.
Do one thing everyday that scares you.
Don’t be reckless with other people’s hearts, don’t put up with
people who are reckless with yours.
Don’t waste your time on jealousy; sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind…the race is long, and in the end, it’s only with yourself.
Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults; if you succeed in doing this, tell me how.
Keep your old love letters, throw away your old bank statements.
Don’t feel guilty if you don’t know what you want to do with your life…the most interesting people I know didn’t know at 22 what they wanted to do with their lives, some of the most interesting 40 year
olds I know still don’t.
Get plenty of calcium.
Be kind to your knees, you’ll miss them when they’re gone.
Maybe you’ll marry, maybe you won’t, maybe you’ll have children,maybe you won’t, maybe you’ll divorce at 40, maybe you’ll dance the funky chicken on your 75th wedding anniversary…what ever you do, don’t congratulate yourself too much or berate yourself either – your choices are half chance, so are everybody else’s.
Enjoy your body, use it every way you can…don’t be afraid of it, or what other people think of it, it’s the greatest instrument you’ll ever own.. Dance…even if you have nowhere to do it but in your own living room.
Read the directions, even if you don’t follow them.
Do NOT read beauty magazines, they will only make you feel ugly.
Get to know your parents, you never know when they’ll be gone for good.
Be nice to your siblings; they are the best link to your past and the people most likely to stick with you in the future.
Understand that friends come and go,but for the precious few you should hold on.
Work hard to bridge the gaps in geography and lifestyle because the older you get, the more you need the people you knew when you were young.
Live in New York City once, but leave before it makes you hard; live
in Northern California once, but leave before it makes you soft.
Accept certain inalienable truths, prices will rise, politicians will
philander, you too will get old, and when you do you’ll fantasize
that when you were young prices were reasonable, politicians were
noble and children respected their elders.
Respect your elders.
Don’t expect anyone else to support you.
Maybe you have a trust fund, maybe you have a wealthy spouse; but you never know when either one might run out.
Don’t mess too much with your hair, or by the time you’re 40, it will look 85.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the
ugly parts and recycling it for more than
But trust me on the sunscreen…
You can watch it On YouTube